DuPont recognises advances in safety and sustainability
At a recent ceremony held in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, the six recipients of the 11th annual DuPont Safety and Sustainability Awards were announced. These awards recognise outstanding initiatives aimed at enhancing workplace safety, sustainability and incident prevention in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
The award recipients were selected by an independent jury comprised of leading experts in occupational safety and sustainability. The 2013 recipients are:
• Adana Cement for Safety Performance Improvement
• Abu Dhabi Marine Operating Company for Innovative Approach to Safety
• AES Kyivoblenergo for Visible Management Commitment to Safety
• Kuwait Petroleum International (Q8 Brand) for Sustainable Corporate Footprint
• Arcelor Mittal Temirtau for Cultural Evolution in Safety or Sustainability
• Engro Fertilizer for Stakeholder Engagement for Sustainability
“We are very pleased to recognise these companies for their achievements and commitment to safety and sustainability excellence,” said Koen van Neyghem, president, DuPont Sustainable Solutions, EMEA. “Like DuPont, they believe that progress in these areas allows companies to not only become better corporate citizens, but more competitive and effective.”
Jury president Andrew Sharman, health and safety director for Owens-Illinois, said jury members were particularly impressed by both the quality and quantity of the projects submitted for consideration this year.
“This growth is quite heartening,” he said, “as I feel quite strongly that the recognition of positive contributions to workplace safety and corporate sustainability is crucial in galvanising the public and private sectors to promote and pursue safety improvement projects.”