Africa’s largest OHS expo is back at Gallagher Convention Centre during May
A-OSH EXPO, Africa’s largest OHS trade show, is back at Gallagher Convention Centre for the eighth year. So what, exactly, will you find at A-OSH EXPO 2018, which runs from 22 to 24 May?
From discussions around occupational health and safety (OHS) in the workplace to the latest and most technologically up-to-date products.
The ongoing importance of content
One of the long-anticipated A-OSH drawcards is back, namely access to the show’s excellent content via the free-to-attend seminars. Some of the sessions on offer include (but are not limited to) the following:
• New and upcoming OHS legislation and regulations.
• Occupational health in the SA workplace.
• When are you really a competent occupational health and safety practitioner?
• Smart PPE: what can we expect in the future?
• PPE product markings: do you know what you should be looking for?
• Needlestick injuries: their impact and the latest in protection.
• The impact of the new ergonomics regulations on business.
The passion of the exhibitors
You will find a wide range of experiences on offer at A-OSH EXPO, including (again, not limited to) some of the following :
• Inspections and audits of all important work and safety health requirements.
• Information on occupational hygiene teams, to identify and assess all hazards and risks at your company.
• Health and safety in the mining and construction arenas.
• The Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) field, showcasing the latest in protective clothing and accessories to protect wearers from injury or infection.
• The PASMA Working at Height Theatre, putting this unique area of occupational safety under the spotlight.
• The Occu|Fit Wellness Zone, showcasing the holistic “wellness at work” experience, including a focus on invisible stresses we don’t always see, such as blood sugar, blood pressure, cholesterol and impaired hearing.
The annual Saiosh conference and the InFiRES workshop
The annual conference of the South African Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (Saiosh), which is a paid-for event, is running alongside the annual A-OSH EXPO trade show for the eighth year in a row, and presents its own content session for attending members. More details can be found on their website (www.saiosh.co.za). You can also look out for the InFiRES workshop, held by the Fire Protection Association of South Africa (FPASA), for valuable information on fire prevention and what to do in the case of a fire.
How to register for A-OSH
Registration is a simple three-step process:
• Step 1: Visit the A-OSH EXPO website.
• Step 2: Click on the Registration button.
• Step 3: Fill in just a few details to secure your free attendance.
As a bonus
An A-OSH EXPO ticket also gets you free entrance to co-located expo Securex South Africa 2018, Africa’s biggest security trade show, now in its milestone 25th annive rsary year.
For more information, please contact Specialised Exhibitions Montgomery on +27 11 835-1565.