A newer, better Noshcon
This year Nosa celebrates the 56th anniversary of Noshcon, making it one of the longest-surviving conferences on the African continent, and one of the leading conferences in risk management.
Nosa continues its endeavour to innovate – both with the training it provides and its industry events. This, coupled with the feedback received, has led to a review of the structure of the annual Noshcon conference. This year Nosa will be holding one-day programmes in Durban, Cape Town and Johannesburg.
Noshcon is the largest risk-management conference in South Africa, and will this year host the following keynote motivational speakers:
• Richard Mabaso – Founder of Imbumba Foundation, an organisation focused on community work. Through this foundation, Mabaso has been able to start the trek4mandela and caring4girls initiatives.
• Michael Irvey – Owner of Gold Digger Change Catalyst Agency, will present a talk on Transforming the Experience of Work since 2005.
• Lee Den Hond – The third South African woman to summit Mount Everest, Hond’s inspirational talk will be based on such accomplishments. She was also voted 2015 Businesswoman of the Year and tackled “Marathon Des Sables” to raise awareness for her Field of Dreams Foundation.
Alongside these three keynote speakers, this year’s Noshcon will feature local industry experts, who will cover a variety of occupational risk management topics relevant to health, safety and the environment.
The dates of this year’s Regional Noshcon and Recognition Awards are:
• Cape Town: August 15 at Spier Wine Farm, in Stellenbosch.
• Durban: August 23 at the Southern Sun Elangeni Hotel.
• Johannesburg: August 31 at Accolades Boutique Venue.
Each event will host quality keynote presentations and breakaway sessions, covering the latest developments in SHEQ management, along with an evening of themed entertainment. More information on the event can be obtained directly from Nosa.